"Do you need to check your blood sugars"?


Do you remember the scene from the movie Clueless when Dion and her boyfriend are having one of their everyday fights at school and her boyfriend throws out the low blow of “is it that time of the month again”? Then outraged Dion begins to beat him with the hair extension that she found in the back of his car.

Well, while we were in Disneyland. I was a bit moody during our trip, and my husband and I were having a disagreement (as my dad would put it). During our disagreement these words shot out of my husbands’ mouth, “do you need to check your blood sugars”? I had the same look on my face as Dion did in the movie. I couldn’t believe it; I was totally insulted by the blow (even though he didn’t mean it as a low blow). There are just some things you don’t say to a diabetic, and even though I may have needed to check my blood sugars asking me if I need to because I am grumpy falls right into that category. And in that moment all I could see and hear was a question similar to the one asked in Clueless. If I had had a hair extension like Dion, I probably would have done the same thing. 

Comments

Popular Posts