An Autograph from Crystal Bowersox

My hubs works for a local television station here in Fresno and often gets a chance to meet celebrities. Yesterday morning his station had Crystal Bowersox (2nd place American Idol winner) on the show to sing a song and do a quick interview. The moment he heard she was going to be on the show he called me to tell me to get to the station. Unfortunately, I was already at work and wasn’t going to be able to get there. But I told him to be that weird guy for his wife and to talk to her for me.

For those of you who don’t know who Crystal is and why I was so excited about her, she as I mentioned above was runner up on American Idol and did I mention she has Type 1 AND an insulin pump! She is now using her fame to help people with diabetes. She is working along side JDRF to make sure no one has to go without the supplies they need. She was in a bad place where she was begging for insulin because she couldn’t afford it and wants to make sure that no one has to go through the same thing.

My hubs came through and talked to her for me. He told her about how I have Type 1 diabetes and how I am pretty much obsessed with all things diabetes. He even threw my blog in which I really appreciated and she mentioned that she reads it. When he told me that I just about died! Someone who I have never met in my life, who was an American Idol runner up actually reads my blog?! My mind has been blown and I will hang on to her autograph for the years to come.


If you want to learn more about Crystal check out her website and see all the amazing things she is doing.

Comments

  1. I saw her in concert a few months ago. She was awesome! I could see the pump in her pocket! I felt an instant connection! Love your blog!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts