An Open-Faced Breakfast BTL


One of the recipes I loved the most during my Diabetes Diet week was the egg, prosciutto, andVerses from my Kitchen. It was the first time I had ever poached an egg, which thanks to Google and a conversation with my mom I managed to do quite well. My hubs really enjoyed this recipe as well. He loves a breakfast sandwich and was happy about starting the day off with low carbs.

arugula sandwich by

I really did enjoy this recipe very much, but realized that for me prosciutto was too rich a taste first thing in the morning. I started to wrack my brain for other ways of doing this recipe and still keeping it diabetic friendly. And for some reason a BLT with an egg on it kept coming to my mind. Here is the recipe I came up with.




Ingredients:

4 strips of bacon
2 eggs
1/2 an avocado
2 slices tomato
Baby lettuce 
Bagel


1. Begin by cooking the bacon on your stovetop. I cheated and bought fully cooked bacon form Trader Joes, which you also can heat up on your stovetop.


2. While your bacon is cooking, slice your tomato and avocado into your desired thickness. Set aside until you begin to assemble your sandwich


3. Cut your bagel in half and toast to your desired crispiness. Then set aside. 

4. When you bacon is done, place on a paper towel and set aside. Leave the excess bacon grease in the pan to cook your eggs in. Gently crack your egg into the frying pan. Let the edges around the yolk  turn white. Then grab your spatula and gently flip your egg over trying not to break the yolk. Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste and remove from pan.  



4. Now, it's time to assemble your sandwich. Grab your bagel and drizzle it lightly with olive oil. Then place a few pieces of arugula or baby lettuce, a slice of tomato, two pieces of bacon, your egg, and last add your avocado.  



I hope you like it!

Comments

Popular Posts