Arctic Zero: Fit Frozen Desserts


Arctic Zero reached out to me about giving their ice cream a try. I had never heard of it, but after spending some time on their website I was sold. This Ice Cream is basically free of everything (low glycemic, fat free, gluten-free, lactose free, nut free, GMO free, Kosher, and vegetarian) which I am all about. I mentioned it to one of my girlfriends and she knew the ice cream instantly. Her sister is a body builder and this frozen treat is really big for other competitors. Needless to say I responded to give it a try.

Just a few days later a little box came in the mail with some samples, an adorable ice cream scoop, and a very thoughtful personalized note. Talk about customer service! As I started to unpack everything I noticed a note asking when I was planning on eating the ice cream and suggestions on when and how to serve it. I am so glad I listened because after the ice cream sat out for 40 minutes it was so soft and creamy, I thought there was no way it could have had been lactose free.

 


They sent 6 different flavors of ice cream: Toasted Coconut, Salted Caramel, Buttery Pecan, Orange Dream (My favorite), Vanilla Maple, and Cool Mint Chip. Each one tasted better than I would have imagined it to. A lot of the time you will get a flavor and because of the added sweeteners it doesn't quite taste like the label says it will. But Arctic Zero tastes just like the name on the label. I am not a huge fan of coconut, but usually love coconut flavored ice cream, but the Toasted Coconut tasted so much like an actual coconut I could only enjoy a taste. The Orange Dream really did taste like I was taking a bite out of an orange creamsicle. The taste was out of this world.


They also have chocolate dipped bars which I can't wait to try. They come in dark chocolate and vanilla and I plan on trying both. One of the biggest questions people asked me when I brought the ice cream to my office was how expensive is it and where can you get it? The cost really isn't all that bad at just $4-$5 a pint it's about the same as a pint of Ben and Jerry's and a lot better for you. You can find their products just about everywhere, Safeway, Sprouts (which I love), and Whole Foods.



I bet you are wondering why they would reach out to me to try their ice cream. Well Arctic Zero was inspired by their founder Greg Holtman, who remembers caring for his Type 1 mom. He remembers having sweets as a child that were loaded with artificial sweeteners and wanted to look for something that could satisfy his sweet tooth and his health. After years of perfecting his ingredients Arctic Zero was born. Having Type 1 diabetes I understand his wanting to choose health over artificial sweeteners. I often will go ahead and stick to the real thing and adjust my bolus accordingly because I am so frightened about what artificial sweeteners will one day to me.

If you're interested in learning more about Arctic Zero check them out on Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram. They post great pictures and recipes and serving ideas that will have you drooling.

Comments

Popular Posts