Be a Virtual Walker



The JDRF Walk in Fresno is next weekend (March 29th). This is an event that I look forward to every year. I am happy and proud to help this cause not only because I am affected by diabetes, but also because so many others are too. Unfortunately, this year I will be out of town for the walk. JDRF has made it easy for me to still participate as a virtual walker.

Being a virtual walker still allows me to help raise money for a good cause even if I am unable to attend the actual event. I still have access to all fundraising tips, tools, and more. To be a virtual walker all you have to do is visit the JDRF Fresno Walk page and Register yourself or your team. Once you are registered, go and personalize your page, set your goal and off you go!

Because I will be out of town for the event I am letting my donators know that I still plan to walk the 5K on that day, just from a different location. This is a great way to show others that they can participate from any location. This year, I will be in Huntington Beach on the day of the walk, but I plan to walk the 5K along the beach (the rough life) in my JDRF shirt to show my support. People love the fact that I am still participating even if I am unable to participate in the walk and are more than happy to help me reach my fundraising goal.

It’s not too late to register for this years walk! Join others in the walk or join other virtual walkers like me. Fresno so far has raised nearly $37,000. That’s 42% of our goal. So lets get out there in the real world and virtual one and make our goal!



Comments

Popular Posts