My Christmas


Merry belated Christmas everyone! I hope you all had a wonderful Holiday. Most people get a Christmas bonus from their place of employment, but my work does something even better...we get the entire week of Christmas off! I look forward to this time every year, not because I hate my job and want to get away or anything, but more because there is something about getting breather during this time of year and really makes the Christmas Season special.

We started off my week off with a Disneyland celebration for my dad's 60th birthday. I cannot believe my dad is 60, he still behaves like a 5-year-old, but I guess that's what makes him so special. We chose Disneyland because my uncle is in a tuba band and they hold Tuba Christmas in Downtown Disney. 400 tuba players come out and serenade us with wonderful Christmas songs. It was really something special to see. But the best part was having all of my dad's aunts, uncles, and cousins. We don't see them very often, so to have this opportunity was just the icing on the cake to a perfect weekend.
My Crocs were a great choice for this trip. They kept my feet happy and healthy!

 


You get extra attention in Disneyland when you have a cute child with you! My niece got a kick out of the Mad Hatter and Alice.

This is the birthday boy. My dad. He is pretty awesome. 

 
I've got him in training for when we have children. 

I wasn't kidding about the tubas!

This is my uncle. He did a great job and thankfully was easy to spot with all the pins on his hat!

 
 


The hubs and I have several places to be during the Christmas season and our first stop this year was his Mom's. We were so thrilled because last year there was a flu bug going around and we missed out on all the Christmas festivities. This year though we kept all the traditions alive, there were puzzles and games, and of course our annual family portrait.

Then we were off to my families Christmas where we got to celebrate my nieces very first Christmas. We enjoyed Christmas morning together and when my sister and her husband had to go, we continued our favorite Christmas tradition, going to the movies. We started this tradition years ago because my dad works graveyard shifts and needed us to be quiet so he could sleep. This year's movie was Into the Woods and I absolutely loved it. I am a huge fan of cheesy musicals and this hit the spot.



Our Christmas festivities ended at my hubs dads house where we were able to visit, play more games, and really enjoy one another. I think one of my favorite moments of the entire day were the adults sitting around the dining room table and sharing stories. To me there is nothing that brings families closer together than stories and laughter and this year just hit all of those things. I couldn't have asked for a better Christmas. 

Comments

Popular Posts