And the Winner is....T-Slim


I have been shopping for a new insulin pump for about four weeks now. I've been with my current company for about 10 years and change is really, really hard for me. The idea of switching pump companies kept pestering the back of my mind so much that I finally broke down and brought the idea up to my doctor when I was there a few weeks ago and she instantly lit up. Her exact words were "I've been meaning to have this conversation with you, considering there are better options out there compared to the pump you're using". This isn't the first time I have heard this statement, however, being a loyalist made it hard to even consider the idea. But, alas, there I was talking with my doctor about my top two choices for insulin pumps.

She instantly said no to my second choice pump and suggested my third choice pump (the T-Slim) without me even mentioning it. When my appointment was over she handed me information on both options along with the contact information for both reps in my area. I called and grilled the local T-Slim rep with my questions about their pump. And when I say grilled, I mean grilled, I had a lot of worries when it came to this pump. But he stayed calm, answered my questions honestly, and didn't use any harsh sales tactics to meet his monthly quota. When I got off the phone with him I turned to the hubs and said, I think he just sold me. But of course, it's never that easy.

I set up a different appointment with the other sales rep. He was courteous and nice, and answered all of the questions I had for him. But when I left that meeting, I didn't have the same warm feeling I had after speaking on the phone with the T-Slim rep. I called the T-Slim rep immediately after the meeting to set up a face to face. And again, left with that same warm feeling making me believe that the T-Slim is the pump for me. I am very excited for my new pump to get here, I am also very sad to let my most recent pump go. But just because it's all I know doesn't mean it's the only option.

Comments

  1. Congratulations! You'll have to let us know how you like the tSlim, I'm very interested in getting one myself!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts