Dreaming Large


The other day a group of us were sitting around a table and dreaming large. Everyone was talking about what they would be doing if they didn't work at the job they have now. We were having so much fun letting our minds linger in the moment and just relishing in the "what would we do"? My problem was that I didn't know what I would do. The questions kept lingering in the back of my mind what would I do? What could I do? I didn't want it to be something that would never happen, I wanted it to be something that I could one day make happen. After several days of dreaming I finally realized what I would do, are you read? Wait for it, long pause for effect, I would open a Diabetes Education Center!

I am so passionate about all things diabetes. I would love to help people who have been recently diagnosed get plugged into a community of people who understand what they are going through. I would love to have cooking classes, nutrition classes, and counseling for not only diabetics, but for families who have just been thrown into this world because a family member has been recently diagnosed. There is something about the idea of this that brings me great joy. And if this is something that I can one day make a reality I would be the happiest.

There are a lot of fears that come along with this dream. It will be a lot of work and if I failed I would be crushed. Sometimes it's nice to have the dream and let it be a dream. But I would also hate to hold back on something I am passionate about because I am scared. It's a lot to think about and I want to research the crap out of it before I even begin moving forward on anything. Right now, it's just a dream, but we will see if it turns into something more in the future.

Comments

Popular Posts