Happy New Year!...Two Weeks Late


Happy New Year! Resolutions are my favorite. They are these little goals you make for yourself that you hope to keep. I try to make most of mine feasible, because there is nothing more that I hate than a failed goal. I make a joke goal about getting into shape or losing weight knowing that those never seem to hold, but they are fun to make a hashtag for, so this year's hashtag is #getskinny16. It sounds great right?! I just need to remember that it's a joke goal, but if it actually happens then great. 

The goals or resolutions that I enjoy making most are those that make me a somewhat better person. I look back on the previous year and make goals based on the things that I didn't love. So, this year's are:

1. Try to stay away from speaking in absolutes.

I tend to speak factually or in absolutes. I know I do it, but never thought much of it. It's one of the things about me that drives my hubs bananas, but I thought eh. Then some people I work with mentioned it to me and started to correct my absolutes. I never realized this was something that bothered some people, but I figure, hey, why not fix this if it will not only make my hubs happy, but others around me happy as well. 

2. Less screen time. 

I love binge watching shows. I feel like it's how I stay relevant on most (threw that in there to keep resolution #1) pop cultural references. But in reality, it makes me lazy, have horrible blood sugars due to lack of movement and over eating, and takes me out of the present. I'd like to change that. Each day I am trying to shoot for 4hrs outside of work screen time, this means anything on my phone, computer, or television. I hope I can do this. 

3. Start going to things I have been invited to.

I know this one may sounds ridiculous, but I realized last year, that I say no to invitations more often than I would like to admit. And I want to be more social. Even if it takes me out of my comfort zone and my sweat pants, I am going to do my best to be attend an event when I have been invited. We will see how my little bit of introvert handles it. 

Here is to a New Year. I hope that 2016 brings you whatever you were hoping it would. And let's hope that it brings me a baby. Like how I threw that in there. We will see. I think it's going to be a great year.  




Comments

Popular Posts