Busy Times


I feel liked I blinked and it was March. It's been a busy season of life, which is good and bad. Good because I'm not bored or laying around and being lazy. Bad because busyness and my diabetes tend to be at odds. Let's see, in the last two months, I have planned two winter camps, started registration for three summer camps, one of my best friends had her first baby, and another best friend moved away (insert sad face here). You could say its been a little hectic...

Thankfully, I thrive in times of busyness. I don't know what it is exactly about being busy that I enjoy, but I like it. I feel like I am able to get things accomplished, I sleep better because I'm exhausted, and last but not least, I don't eat as much because there is little time to breathe let alone eat. The only part that gets to me when I am busy, is the fact that I tend to become a terrible diabetic. I tend to not check my sugars as often as I should. I maybe get 1-2/day instead of my usual 4-6/day. I cross my fingers and sell my soul to my easy bolus button on my pump rather than enter all the information my pump honestly needs. I canceled my quarterly diabetes appointment, didn't ever go get my labs done, and basically pushed everything diabetes aside.

I went back to Dexcom and decided to put diabetes back on the top of my list. I am so excited to see my numbers looking normal again, hopefully I can keep this up with the busyness that's ahead of me...fingers crossed!



Comments

Popular Posts